Venue Hire Terms and Conditions
terms and conditions apply to venue hire bookings at Palm Beach
This contract is between you and us. You accept responsibility for paying all charges arising under this contract. This contract is governed by English Law. You may not transfer your rights or responsibilities under this contract to any other person or organisation.
A provisional booking will only be held for two weeks pending the receipt of a deposit and if unconfirmed it will be released without notice.
All prices are correct at the time of quoting, and are subject to change without notice. All prices agreed on a confirmed booking with a deposit paid will be honoured.
No dates may be confirmed without a submitted booking form and a full, non-refundable deposit of £100. By paying the deposit, you agree to pay the Total Hire Cost 14 days before the Event. This may be paid by credit / debit card, or by electronic transfer (bacs) or cash.
If the Hirer fails to pay any sum on the due date for payment, interest will accrue on a daily basis pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 in relation to the outstanding sum at the rate of 8% from the day the payment was due to the date of actual payment.
Should you wish to change the date of your event (once it has been confirmed with a deposit) we will allow the hirer to change the date (subject to availability) but a fee of £100 will be required for the date move. This fee will need to be paid before the new date can be confirmed.
We reserve the right to charge an additional security deposit for Weddings at the managers discretion. This deposit will be refunded within 7 days after the event minus any charges for damages.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing
Bookings cancelled up to 21 days before the event will not receive a refund on any hire fee paid to date.
Bookings cancelled 21 days or less before the event will be subject to pay the full total hire cost.
We reserve the right to cancel the Event for reasons that are beyond our control. If this happens we will make every effort to offer you a suitable alternative. Refunds will only be given at Management discretion.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel this contract without liability to you if circumstances prevail. In addition, without prejudice to its rights of cancellation contained in these Conditions of Hire, we shall be entitled to cancel the hire at any time before or during the hire if:
The Hirer fails to observe the requirements of any of the conditions set out within these Conditions of Hire; or
The purpose or nature of the event is not as specified in the booking form.
As the parent / responsible adult you are ultimately responsible for the children attending the event.
All bookings require there to be a responsible person preferably aged 25 Years or older present to monitor the door and supervise the Party. This person will need to be present for the entirety of the night and will have sole responsible for the party.
You can request to have the door monitored by a member of staff or an SIA Door Supervisor (bouncer). This will incur additional charges, but adult supervision will still be required at the event.
Where a bouncy castle is provided, it is the parents / responsible adults responsibility to ensure that the children on the bouncy castle are supervised and numbers of children on the bouncy castle at any one time is sensible.
If you have chosen to monitor the door, for the safety of children we ask that you follow our rules
- The responsible adult monitoring the door MUST remain on the front door for the WHOLE duration of the party.
- All bags must be searched to ensure drinks are not brought onto the premises. Large bags can be placed in the cloakroom.
- No Drinks are allowed to be brought outside the venue. Not even water due to licensing rules. Please ask guests to place drinks on the table by the door.
- Under NO Circumstance is anyone allowed to leave the venue & re-enter at a later time E.g. pop to the shop, McDonalds, meet their parents up the road!
- All guests MUST remain in the barrier area if going outside.
- Issues which may occur, please do not attempt to take into your own hands – PLEASE alert a member of staff who is trained to deal with such events.
- General members of the public do not attempt to gain entry into the venue, but there may be a customer arrive who wishes to pay a deposit or collect some invitations. If this be the case, please come and alert a member of staff.
The hirer will only be granted access to the venue at the times specified on the booking form. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time to set up (subject to availability). Times may differ for Weddings which will be confirmed in your booking email.
The Hirer / premises user must be present before the Event starts and be on the premises until the event finishes.
Food and Drink
You are welcome to provide food & soft drinks for Kids Parties 12 years & under.
You or your guests are not permitted to bring any alcohol or other beverages onto the premises. The hirer will be charged £13.50 per item for any drinks found or confiscated.
We operate a strict Challenge 25 and No ID No Sale Policy. Alcoholic drinks may be consumed by adults at children’s parties.
You are welcome to provide food such as buffets or order in pizza, including sweets and snacks for you and your guests but no outside food i.e. McDonalds, Kebabs etc. are permitted on the premises.
You may not use the name of the Club, our logo, or any photographs of our premises, internal or external, without our prior written permission.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions of hire you agree to give Palm Beach the permission to take photographs and / or videos of your event which may be used for promotional use. If you do not wish for us to take photographs or videos please indicate your preference in any other information on the booking form.
Health and Safety
The Client must comply with all Palm Beach Health & Safety regulations which may be inspected on request. The Client shall notify Palm Beach immediately on becoming aware of any accident or injury occurring at the venue.
Any electrical equipment brought into the venue must have a current PAT certificate which must be presented on the day. Any equipment brought in by contractors arranged by the client must have current risk assessments and Public Liability Insurance.
If you opted not to pay the cleaning fee, you will be required to clean the venue after use. The following jobs MUST be completed:
Cloths, sprays, brooms & a bucket will be put out 15 minutes before the end
- Clearing up of all rubbish, cups/glasses & bottles from the Main Room and Toilets. GLASS BOTTLES MUST BE EMPTIED & PLACED IN BOTTLE BINS NOT BIN BAGS
- Wiping down the sides and tables
- Scraping and sweeping the floor (We will dispose of your bin bags for you.)
You should have brought your own bin bags with you, however you can purchase 3 for £1 should you need them.
If you decide to change your mind on the night the cleaning fee payable will be £45.
Any furniture that you require for your event i.e. Tables, Chairs, and Cutlery etc will be sourced and hired from an outside Company. This company’s invoice will be forwarded to you upon receipt for confirmation.
We will not confirm your furniture hire order until full payment for this invoice has been received. Although we are happy to arrange your furniture booking, you the hirer will be liable for all charges and damages resulting from the hire, unless agreed otherwise in writing. These companies usually charge an additional £100 safety deposit to cover any damages which we will provide on your behalf. However as you remain liable for any damages, any damage costs received will be passed onto you for reimbursement within 7 days of your event.
- The hirer shall not use the premises, or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose or purposes specified in the booking form.
- The hirer will be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all people attending their event.
- The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises or to any part of the building of which the premises form part or any other building or structure within the curtilage of the building, and any damage caused or permitted by the hirer, his/her guests, agents, contractors or any other person resorting to the premises by reason of his/her hire of them shall be made good by Palm Beach at the cost to the hirer and the hirer shall inform the Manager of any such damage as soon as practical and the hirer shall confirm it in writing within 24 hours of its discovery. The cost of such damage shall be certified by the Authorised Manager whose decision shall be final. . The cost of necessary repairs will be passed on to the Hirer and will need to be paid within 10 working days from the Event date.
- The hirer shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
a) the efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises and assisting the Manager in the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in case of emergency
b) keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
c) keeping the conditions imposed from time to time by the Fire Officer and ensuring that all doors giving exit from the premises shall be kept unlocked and unobstructed, and immediately available for exit during the whole time the premises are in use and no obstruction shall be place or allowed to remain in any corridor giving access to the premises If you fail, in the opinion of the Authorised Manager, to comply with clause 4 he/she shall be permitted to suspend or terminate the function for which the immediate clearance of the premises may be required. Palm Beach will not be liable for any damages arising from the termination or suspension unless arising directly from Palm Beach’s negligence
5. No furniture or fittings or equipment shall be moved or removed by the hirer
6. The Hirer shall take reasonable precautions for the safety of the public, those attending the function for which the facility is hired, and all employees.
7. The Hirer shall ensure that the activities carried on at the function for which the Facility is hired including but not limited to any music shall not cause a nuisance and that no noisome, offensive, dangerous, illegal or immoral acts are carried out on the Facility.
8. The hirer is made aware that the premises are monitored by CCTV and this data is recorded and stored and will be used to settle disputes regarding damage and behaviour.
9. Hall decorations are permitted provided that fixings are of a temporary and non-marking nature.
10. In the event of a breach of these Conditions being committed by the Hirer or any person present at the Premises during the period of hiring then the Hirer's right hereunder shall forthwith determine and no part of the sum paid for the period of the hiring shall be refundable.
The management accepts no liability for death or personal injury to anyone in the Facility in connection with the hiring except and to the extent that it results from the negligence of the management, its employees.
The management excludes liability for any damage, theft, loss of property, goods, articles or things whatsoever placed, deposited, put into or left upon the premises, either by the Hirer for his use or purpose or by any other person or left or deposited with any member of the management or its employees.
The management will not be liable for any loss due to any flood, fire, act of God, explosion, civil disturbance, riot or insurrection, accident, strike, lock out or other industrial action involving employees, power failure or breakdown of facilities, failure of third parties to supply, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the management which may cause the premises to be temporally closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
The management expressly excludes any and all liability for consequential or other indirect loss including but not limited to loss of profits or other economic loss suffered by the Hirer as a result of the hire of the Facility.
The person by whom this application form is completed shall be considered the Hirer and shall be personally liable in respect of all obligations arising out of the hiring. Where a promoting organisation is named above that organisation shall also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable herein with the person who signs the form.
By ticking and submitting your booking form to us you will be acknowledging and accepting these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time
Reviewed January 2020