Socials Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Terms & Conditions Of Hire
This contract is between you and us. You accept responsibility for paying all charges arising under this contract. This contract is governed by English Law. You may not transfer your rights or responsibilities under this contract to any other person or organisation.
- Booking and Deposit
The booking will only be accepted following receipt of the completed booking form and a non refundable deposit of £100 will be required before the booking is considered accepted.
Your booking will be confirmed to you by email together with a unique booking reference, which should be quoted on any subsequent correspondence.
By submitting the booking form, you agree to pay the Total Hire Cost before or on the Night of the Event.
If the Hirer fails to pay any sum on the due date for payment, interest will accrue on a daily basis pursuant Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 in relation to the outstanding sum at the rate of 8% from the day the payment was due to the date of actual payment.
If you decide to cancel the Event you will still be liable to pay the following charges:
Written Notice Received By Us (Working Days before the Event) % of Total Hire Costs Payable By You
More than 60 No charge above the non-refundable deposit paid
Between 30 – 59 50%
Between 14-29 75%
Less than 14 days 100%
In the event of cancellation we will allow the hirer to change the date of a booking (free of charge) but the new date MUST be within 3 months of the original booking date.
We reserve the right to cancel the Event for reasons that are beyond our control. If this happens we will make every effort to offer you a suitable alternative.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel this contract without liability to you if circumstances prevail. In addition, without prejudice to its rights of cancellation contained in these Conditions of Hire, we shall be entitled to cancel the hire at any time before or during the hire if:
- The Hirer fails to observe the requirements of any of the conditions set out within these Conditions of Hire; or
- The purpose or nature of the event is not as specified in the booking form.
- Door Supervisors
All School Social bookings include Two Door Supervisors from the start of your event. This will cover 100 people. If expected numbers are higher than 100, you will be required to pay for additional Door Supervisors to comply with licensing.
- Access Times
The hirer will only be granted access to the venue at the times specified on the booking form. You may arrive 30 minutes prior to set up.
We will charge you for any additional use of the venue outside of the times agreed at the hourly rate of £25 per hour.
The Hirer / premises user must be present before the Event starts and be on the premises until the event finishes.
- Food & Drink
You or your Event Attendees are not permitted to bring any alcohol or other beverages onto the premises. The hirer will be charged £13.50 for any drinks found or confiscated.
We operate a strict Challenge 25 and No ID No Sale Policy. We also have Zero Tolerance to Underage Drinking. Palm Beach will follow the procedures put in place by Schools for any School Social events and will operate a Wristband & or Stamp system. Over 18 Wristbands will only be issued after requesting proof of identification. This check will be conducted by Door Supervisors. If a person does not have identification, they will not be issued an over 18 wristband. All Bar Staff will continue to operate a Challenge 25 policy regardless of whether a person has a wristband or not and will refuse sale of alcohol to those who cannot provide it. This refusal will be logged on the Challenging / Refusal register. Only 1 drink per customer will be sold at a time and any person who is found to be in possession of alcohol or purchasing alcohol for any person under the age of 18 will be ejected and barred from the premises.
You are welcome to provide food such as buffets for you and your guest but no outside food i.e. McDonalds, Kebabs etc are permitted on the premises.
The management accepts no liability for death or personal injury to anyone in the Facility in connection with the hiring except and to the extent that it results from the negligence of the management, its employees.
The management excludes liability for any damage, theft, loss of property, goods, articles or things whatsoever placed, deposited, put into or left upon the premises, either by the Hirer for his use or purpose or by any other person or left or deposited with any member of the management or its employees.
The management will not be liable for any loss due to any flood, fire, act of God, explosion, civil disturbance, riot or insurrection, accident, strike, lock out or other industrial action involving employees, power failure or breakdown of facilities, failure of third parties to supply, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the management which may cause the premises to be temporally closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
The management expressly excludes any and all liability for consequential or other indirect loss including but not limited to loss of profits or other economic loss suffered by the Hirer as a result of the hire of the Facility.
You may not use the name of the Club, our logo, or any photographs of our premises, internal or external, without our prior written permission.
You may not advertise publicly an event prior to payment of non-refundable deposit and receipt of booking form. Your event will be cancelled should you not comply.
The Hirer is responsible for all promotions and promotional materials for their event. However, all Flyers & Promotional items must be approved by Club Palm Beach Ltd before print or advertising.
The Hirer MUST NOT fly poster (walls, traffic lights, bus stops etc) around Wellingborough or enter other venues (pubs & clubs etc) and proceed to hand out flyers. THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any instances of fly posting will be treated as a breach of contract and not only will you be liable for prosecution from Wellingborough Council your event at Palm Beach will be cancelled.
- PA System and Lighting
The Hire of the premises includes the use of the PA system and lighting. The Hirer is responsible for ANY damages to the equipment. The System and Equipment will be tested before and after the Event. The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to equipment. An invoice will be raised immediately after the event and the hirer will be given 14 days to settle the Invoice. If the Hirer fails to pay any sum on the due date for payment, interest will accrue on a daily basis pursuant Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 in relation to the outstanding sum at the rate of 8% from the day the payment was due to the date of actual payment.
It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that any electrical appliances brought onto the facility have been tested for electrical safety. Portable Appliance Test Certificates may be required for inspection.
- The Front Pay desk and cloakroom area must be left clean. We have the right to deduct or charge £20 cleaning Fee if the room is left in an untidy manner.
- The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the premises, and to any property therein occurring during the period of hiring or while persons are entering or leaving the Building pursuant to the hire however and by whomsoever caused. The cost of necessary repairs will be passed on to the Hirer and will need to be paid within 10 working days from the Event date.
- The Hirer shall take reasonable precautions for the safety of the public, those attending the function for which the facility is hired, and all employees.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the activities carried on at the function for which the Facility is hired including but not limited to any music shall not cause a nuisance and that no noisome, offensive, dangerous, illegal or immoral acts are carried out on the Facility.
- The hirer is made aware that the premises are monitored by CCTV and this data is recorded and stored and will be used to settle disputes regarding damage and behaviour.
- The hire of the premises does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the Premises at any time other than the specific hours for which the Premises are hired unless prior arrangements have been made with the Manager.
- The person by whom this application form is signed shall be considered the Hirer and shall be personally liable in respect of all obligations arising out of the hiring. Where a promoting organisation is named above that organisation shall also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable herein with the person who signs the form.
- Hall decorations are permitted provided that fixings are of a temporary and non-marking nature.
- In the event of a breach of these Conditions being committed by the Hirer or any person present at the Premises during the period of hiring then the Hirer's right hereunder shall forthwith determine and no part of the sum paid for the period of the hiring shall be refundable.