Private Events Terms & Conditions of Hire
Venue Hire Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to venue hire bookings at Palm Beach for Club Events
This contract is between you and us. You accept responsibility for paying all charges arising under this contract. This contract is governed by English Law. You may not transfer your rights or responsibilities under this contract to any other person or organisation.
A provisional booking will only be held for two weeks pending the receipt of a deposit and if unconfirmed it will be released without notice.
All prices are correct at the time of quoting, and are subject to change without notice. All prices agreed on a confirmed booking with a deposit paid will be honoured.
No dates may be confirmed without a submitted booking form and a full, non-refundable deposit of £100. By paying the deposit, you agree to pay a further £100 of the Hire Cost 7 days before the Event. This may be paid by credit / debit card, or by electronic transfer (bacs) or cash. The balance MUST then be paid on the night by 2am.
Failure to pay the £100 7 days before your event could result in immediate cancellation of your event. Failure to pay the remaining hire fee by 2am on the night of your event could result in your event being stopped.
If the Hirer fails to pay any sum on the due date for payment, interest will accrue on a daily basis pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 in relation to the outstanding sum at the rate of 8% from the day the payment was due to the date of actual payment. Your booking may also be cancelled effective immediate.
Should you wish to change the date of your event (once it has been confirmed with a deposit) we will allow the hirer to change the date (subject to availability) but a fee of £100 will be required for the date move. This fee will need to be paid before the new date can be confirmed.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing
Bookings cancelled up to 21 days before the event will not receive a refund on any hire fees paid to date.
Bookings cancelled 20 days or less before the event will be subject to pay the full total hire cost.
We reserve the right to cancel the Event for reasons that are beyond our control. If this happens we will make every effort to offer you a suitable alternative. Refunds will only be given at Management discretion.
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel this contract without liability to you if circumstances prevail. In addition, without prejudice to its rights of cancellation contained in these Conditions of Hire, we shall be entitled to cancel the hire at any time before or during the hire if:
The Hirer fails to observe the requirements of any of the conditions set out within these Conditions of Hire; or
The purpose or nature of the event is not as specified in the booking form.
If the Hirer is responsible for paying SIA registered Door Supervisors fees, this will be from the Start time of your Event to the Finishing time of your event. The ratio of Door Supervisors is two for the first 100 & one per 100 guests after that to comply with licensing. Following receipt of your booking form you will be sent an email detailing door supervisor charges. All door supervisors need to be paid in advance therefore if you do not pay your deposit, your booking cannot be confirmed at the venue.
The hirer will only be granted access to the venue at the times specified on the booking form.
Please be advised that the venue may be used for hire up until 10.30pm. Therefore the hirer may only be granted access to the venue from 11pm. This is to ensure the protection of children leaving the premises. If you are bringing your own PA system your event may be affected by this.
All promoters bringing their own PA Systems will be given ONE hour to pack away equipment etc after an event finishes. If you exceed these times a fee of £25 per hour will be charged.
For events where you use our PA system, you may arrive 15 minutes prior to set up.
The Hirer / premises user must be present before the Event starts and be on the premises until the event finishes.
Food and Drink
You or your Event Attendees are not permitted to bring any alcohol or other beverages onto the premises. This includes water. The hirer will be charged £13.50 per item for any drinks found or confiscated. Please ensure you relay this information to your DJ’s and Sound engineers etc. as you the hirer will ultimately be held responsible and charged.
We operate a strict Challenge 25 and No ID No Sale Policy.
No outside food i.e. McDonalds, Kebabs etc. are permitted on the premises.
You may not use the name of the Club, our logo, or any photographs of our premises, internal or external, without our prior written permission.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions of hire you agree to give Palm Beach the permission to take photographs and / or videos of your event which may be used for promotional use. If you do not wish for us to take photographs or videos please indicate your preference in any other information on the booking form.
You may not advertise publicly an event prior to payment of non-refundable deposit and receipt of booking form. Your event will be cancelled should you not comply.
The Hirer is responsible for all promotions and promotional materials for their event. However, all Flyers & Promotional items must be approved by Club Palm Beach Ltd before print or advertising.
The Hirer MUST NOT fly poster (walls, traffic lights, bus stops etc) around Wellingborough or enter other venues (pubs & clubs etc) and proceed to hand out flyers. THIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any instances of fly posting will be treated as a breach of contract and not only will you be liable for prosecution from Wellingborough Council your event at Palm Beach will be cancelled.
In the event that a Performer, DJ, Artist etc. does not show on the night, the Hirer is responsible for giving refunds of entry fee to our customers. This will either be in whole or a percentage to be decided by us on the night. The refund will be on the night.
Health and Safety
The Client must comply with all Palm Beach Health & Safety regulations which may be inspected on request. The Client shall notify Palm Beach immediately on becoming aware of any accident or injury occurring at the venue.
Any electrical equipment brought into the venue must have a current PAT certificate which must be presented on the day. Any equipment brought in by contractors arranged by the client must have current risk assessments and Public Liability Insurance.
PA System and Lighting
The Hire of the premises includes the use of the PA system and lighting. The Hirer is responsible for ANY damages to the equipment. The System and Equipment will be tested before and after the Event. The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to equipment. An invoice will be raised immediately after the event and the hirer will be given 14 days to settle the Invoice. If the Hirer fails to pay any sum on the due date for payment, interest will accrue on a daily basis pursuant Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 in relation to the outstanding sum at the rate of 8% from the day the payment was due to the date of actual payment.
- The hirer shall not use the premises, or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose or purposes specified in the booking form.
- The hirer will be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all people attending their event.
- If events are not busy, the manager reserves the right to end the event early.
- The Front Pay desk and cloakroom area must be left clean. We have the right to deduct or charge £20 cleaning Fee if the room is left in an untidy manner.
- The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises or to any part of the building of which the premises form part or any other building or structure within the curtilage of the building, and any damage caused or permitted by the hirer, his/her guests, agents, contractors or any other person resorting to the premises by reason of his/her hire of them shall be made good by Palm Beach at the cost to the hirer and the hirer shall inform the Manager of any such damage as soon as practical and the hirer shall confirm it in writing within 24 hours of its discovery. The cost of such damage shall be certified by the Authorised Manager whose decision shall be final. . The cost of necessary repairs will be passed on to the Hirer and will need to be paid within 10 working days from the Event date.
- The hirer shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
a) the efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises and assisting the Manager in the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in case of emergency
b) keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
c) keeping the conditions imposed from time to time by the Fire Officer and ensuring that all doors giving exit from the premises shall be kept unlocked and unobstructed, and immediately available for exit during the whole time the premises are in use and no obstruction shall be place or allowed to remain in any corridor giving access to the premises If you fail, in the opinion of the Authorised Manager, to comply with clause 4 he/she shall be permitted to suspend or terminate the function for which the immediate clearance of the premises may be required. Palm Beach will not be liable for any damages arising from the termination or suspension unless arising directly from Palm Beach’s negligence
- No furniture or fittings or equipment shall be moved or removed by the hirer
- The Hirer shall take reasonable precautions for the safety of the public, those attending the function for which the facility is hired, and all employees.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the activities carried on at the function for which the Facility is hired including but not limited to any music shall not cause a nuisance and that no noisome, offensive, dangerous, illegal or immoral acts are carried out on the Facility.
- The hirer is made aware that the premises are monitored by CCTV and this data is recorded and stored and will be used to settle disputes regarding damage and behaviour.
- Hall decorations are permitted provided that fixings are of a temporary and non-marking nature.
- In the event of a breach of these Conditions being committed by the Hirer or any person present at the Premises during the period of hiring then the Hirer's right hereunder shall forthwith determine and no part of the sum paid for the period of the hiring shall be refundable.
- Your booking details and details of any DJ’s / acts/ performers may be shared with Northamptonshire Police.
The management accepts no liability for death or personal injury to anyone in the Facility in connection with the hiring except and to the extent that it results from the negligence of the management, its employees.
The management excludes liability for any damage, theft, loss of property, goods, articles or things whatsoever placed, deposited, put into or left upon the premises, either by the Hirer for his use or purpose or by any other person or left or deposited with any member of the management or its employees.
The management will not be liable for any loss due to any flood, fire, act of God, explosion, civil disturbance, riot or insurrection, accident, strike, lock out or other industrial action involving employees, power failure or breakdown of facilities, failure of third parties to supply, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the management which may cause the premises to be temporally closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
The management expressly excludes any and all liability for consequential or other indirect loss including but not limited to loss of profits or other economic loss suffered by the Hirer as a result of the hire of the Facility.
The person by whom this application form is completed shall be considered the Hirer and shall be personally liable in respect of all obligations arising out of the hiring. Where a promoting organisation is named above that organisation shall also be considered the Hirer and shall be jointly and severally liable herein with the person who signs the form.
By ticking and submitting your booking form to us you will be acknowledging and accepting these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to update these terrms and conditions of hire without notice